shiloh baptist church we are small enough to need you, yet large enough to serve you

From our Frequently Asked Questions List we hope you find the answer to your question. If after reviewing the list you have additional inquiries, please contact the administrative office.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Q: What are service times? A: Our Sunday Morning Schedule is as follows: a. Early worship service: 7:45AM b. 2nd worship service: 10:30AM i. Sunday school for all ages at 9 AM ii. Bethel bible classes: 9 AM iii. New member's class: 9AM On Wednesday we offer Corporate Prayer at 6:00 P.M. Followed by Bible Study at 6:30 P.M
  • Q: Where do I park? A: We have several options for parking. A church ambassador will be available in each parking lot on Sunday and special services for those who need assistance. a. Our Upper parking lot with its entrance on Garvin Street b. Lower parking lot with entrance on Franklin Street c. On street parking is available on Garvin, Franklin and Hempstead Streets i. Handicapped parking spaces available in both Garvin and Franklin St. parking lots
  • Q: Do you provide transporation? A: Yes, anyone desiring transportation should call the Church Administrative Office, 860-443-6046 x10. Provide your name, address, phone number to the Administrative Assistant. The transportation coordinator will contact you to arrange transportation to our 10:30 A.M. service
  • Q: How do I become a member of Shiloh? A: As a general rule, a person desiring to become a member of Shiloh will respond to the invitation to Christian Discipleship that occurs immediately after the “Preached Word” (sermon). This response is made by a person moving from his/her seat and coming to the front (altar). There he/she is met by a minister who will pray with him/her. When the Bishop is satisfied that the invitation has been responded to, he will beckon the Deacons to have the “new” persons to stand before him at which time he will welcome them, and invite the congregation to welcome them as new members. B: In the Deacons’ Office, the potential new members are registered and given instruction concerning new members classes and encouraged to attend. Each new member is assigned a spiritual partner to answer questions, to be a spiritual resource, and to give encouragement. Also, new members are assigned a Deacon to shepherd them, i.e. to attend to spiritual needs, to visit during times of illness, to aid and assist when and if there is a problem. C: Candidates for baptism will be notified of the date and time that they will be baptized
  • Q: What should I wear? A: Formal attire is not necessary, but presentable clothing for a House of Worship is suggested.
  • Q: What if I can't attend service? A: Contact the church/Administrative Office (860-442-4894) to let the Administrative Assistant know and the information will be relayed to the appropriate persons so that church can lift you up in prayer.
  • Q: What if I miss Communnion Sunday? A: If you are ill on communion Sunday but would still like to receive communion, call the church/Administrative Office (860-442-4894) to let the Administrative Assistant know of your illness and inability to attend service. She will contact the deacons who will in turn contact you to make arrangements to serve you at home (or hospital).
  • Q: What do I do if I would like to tithe, make a donation, or offering and I can’t attend service? A: You may mail your tithe, donation and/or offering, in the form of a check or money order, to the church to the attention of: Deacon Anthony Miles, Shiloh Baptist Church, 1 Garvin Street, New London, CT 06320
  • Q: Is there a Youth Ministry? A: Yes there is a Youth Ministry under the leadership of Youth Pastor, Elder Luther Wade, III. B: Youth church meets 1st and 4th Sundays at 10:30 a.m. in the multi-purpose room of the Family Life Center
  • Q: Is there a Single's Ministry? A: Yes, there is a Singles Ministry under the leadership of Elder Wanda Short, Deaconess Joann Miller and Brother Winston Taylor. B: The Singles’ Ministry usually meets the 3rd Monday night of the month.
  • Q: Does the Church offer Marital/Pre-marital Counseling? A: Yes the church offers marital/pre-marital counseling on an as needed basis. B: Pre-marital counseling is scheduled at the time a couple expresses to Bishop their desire and intention to be married C: Marital Counseling is scheduled as needed, i.e. when a couple feels they have a need to seek counseling.
  • Q: Who do I contact for name & address change? A: Contact the Administrative Assistant (860-442-4894).
  • Q: Who do I contact in case of death? A: Contact your spiritual partner, deacon, or the Administrative Assistant (860-442-4894). The Administrative Assistant will take the information and make the necessary arrangements in consultation with the pastor.
  • Q: In case I go to the hospital, who do I contact? A: Contact your spiritual partner, deacon or the Administrative Assistant (In all likelihood, the Administrative Assistant will also be contacted by the hospital if at L & M). Backus does not contact Shiloh. (860-443-6046 x10).
  • Q: How do I get a copy of my contribution statement? A: Contact the Administrative Assistant (860-442-4894).
  • Q: How may I request to have my baby dedicated? A: Contact the Administrative Assistant (860-442-4894). B: The Administrative Assistant will record all pertinent information, and will relay this information to the Deaconesses who assist in Baby Dedications. C: A Deaconess will contact you to confirm the dedication date and time.
  • Q: How may I request to be baptized? A: As a general rule, baptism is automatically scheduled for new converts. B: Under special circumstances, contact the Administrative Assistant (860-443-6046 x10) C: An appointment may need to be scheduled with the Bishop to discuss special circumstances.
  • Q: How do I notify the church of an illness? A: Contact the Administrative Assistant (860-442-4894). B: The Administrative Assistant will notify the pastor and the Diaconate.
  • Q: How may I purchase a CD or a DVD of a recent service or special event? A: Following each service, a representative of the Audio/Visual) ministry is available in the vestibule of the church with CDs and DVDs available for purchase. B: OR, contact the Administrative Assistant (80-443-6046 x10) with your request.
  • Q: How do I request prayer? A: The Prayer Request Forms (located on the Prayer Box in the Narthex or in THE LIGHT, may be completed and submitted by dropping them in the Prayer Box. B: If for some reason, you cannot access a prayer request form, contact the Administrative Assistant who will forward your request. (860-443-6046 x10)
  • Q: How do I request to use the church’s facilities? A: If requesting to use the Sanctuary or Fellowship Hall, contact the Administrative Assistant (860-442-4894). B: If requesting to use the Family Life Center (classrooms, multi-purpose room), contact the Director of the Shiloh Development Corporation (SDC) (860-443-6046 x34).